Why the name Hale?
Comments from fans and viewers needs here.
On July 2004, Hale was formed.also, Instead of going indie and performing in underground gigs, Hale focused on playing their originals and learning how to sing. With only less than half a year playing as a band, Hale was signed on November by EMI Philippines. On the first quarter of 2005, Hale released their first single Broken Sonnet along with their self-titled debut album. It was not until their second single The Day You Said Goodnight that Hale stared to gain attention from music aficionados around the Philippines.
Soon, their debut album went from gold (20,000 copies sold), to platinum (40,000), to double platinum (80,000), which was surprising for a rookie band…. Read more….
- Champ Lui Pio – vocals, guitars
- Roll Martinez – guitars
- Sheldon Gellada – bass
- Omnie Saroca – drums
- Hale (2005, EMI Philippines)
- Hale Special Edition (2006, EMI Philippines
- Twilight (2006, EMI Philippines)
- Hale was formed Julyl 2004 and got signed in a recording contract in just 4 months.
- EMI Records signed Hale in November 2004
- “The Day You Said Goodnight” became the most successful song of Hale until this day.
- Main influence of Hale musically is Coldplay