Kjwan Pinoy Banda
Why the name Kjwan?
Alternative pinoy rock
Long-time friends and former high school band-mates Marc Abaya (vocals) and Kelley Mangahas (bass) who learned to sing together, got together with fellow Ateneans Jorel Corpus (guitar) and J-hoon Balbuena (drums) to form the band’s initial lineup. They were joined in 2004 by Boogie Romero (second guitar), another high school friend and former band-mate of Marc and Kelley, soon after the release of their self-titled debut album.
- Ramon Marcelino “Marc” Abaya – vocals
- J-Hoon Balbuena – drums
- Kelley Mangahas – bass
- Boogie Romero – guitars
- Jorel Corpus – guitars
- 2 step mav
- Marc Abaya used to be the lead vocals of the band Sandwich
- J-Hoon also plays for the band Kapatid
- Kelley and Boogie are also part of the band Dicta License
- Jorel also plays for the band Happy Meals
- Boogie joined the band after the first album was released
- arc is the son of Manolo Abaya and Marilou Diaz-Abaya, two two well-known named in Philippine Cinema