Parokya Ni Edgar Pinoy Banda Page
Why the name Parokya Ni Edgar?
It was from fronting the Eraserheads performance that they started to call themselves Parokya ni Edgar. The name was derived from an old classroom joke about one of the characters (Ibarra) in Rizal’s opus Noli Me Tangere. It was supposedly a joke about where Ibarra’s father studied.
Parokya Ni Edgar Sounds?
“Our music is happy Filipino chop suey music. Our musical influences are modern world music.”
Parokya ni Edgar was formed in 1993 by a group of Ateneo high school students. As Comic Relief, the band members were originally composed of three vocalists and two guitarists – Chito Miranda, Vinci Montaner, Gabriel Chee-Kee, a certain Miko and Jerick. Their after-school jamming honed their musical skills, making themselves worthy enough to deserve the opening number for an Eraserheads concert. This “break” made the band members decide to add a drummer and a bassists, enter Dindin Moreno and Buhawi Meneses. Read More….
- Alfonso “Chito” Miranda, Jr. – (lead vocals)
- Buhawi “Buwi” Meneses – (bass)
- Darius Gerard “Dariuken” Semaña – (lead guitars)
- Gabrielle Ignatius “Gab” Chee-Kee – (guitars / vocals)
- Ferdinand “Din Din” Moreno – (drums)
- Francis Vincent “Vinci” Montaner – (backup vocals / dialogue / comical acting / dancing)
- Matira Matibay: PG-13 (Singles 1994-2007) (2007)
- Halina Sa Parokya (2005)
- Inuman Sessions Vol. 1 (2004)
- Bigotilyo (2003)
- Edgar Edgar Musikahan (2002)
- Gulong Itlog Gulong (1999)
- Jingle Balls Silent Night Holy Cow (1998)
- Buruguduystunstugudunstuy (1997)
- Khangkhungkherrnitz (1996)
- There was once a time when the groups thought of a name Comic Relief for the band’s name.
- Chito joined a TV show Deal or No Deal where he had a chance to win Php 4M but took home P750 instead.
- They were just part of a big ‘kada, who thought it fun to write and sing songs for their own enjoyment.