Pupil Band Profile
Why the name Pupil?
Ely Buendia, while thinking of a replacement name for then defunct ‘Mongols’, browsed a medical book and decided to use the term ‘Pupil’. The band wanted a classic name for a rock band.
Pupil came for the band ‘The Mongols’. The Mongols became a five man band when Doc Sergio, the bassist of the band The Teeth joined the group that made them a 5-man band.
In May 2005 The Mongols’ guitarist, Jerome Velasco, a.k.a J. Astro, left to pursue a career in producing and recording studio engineering. He was replaced by, then the bass player, Yan Yuzon. With this switch, they produce a different sound and decided to put up a different name.
- Yan Yuzon – Guitar
- Dok Sergio – Bass
- Bogs Jugo – Drums
- Ely Buendia – Guitar
- Beautiful Machines
- Hoodwinked Soundtrack
- Rockoustic Mania (August 24, 2006)
- The band is managed by Day Cabuhat, who also used to handle the Eraserheads, and Ely Buendia’s wife, Diane Ventura, who also managed The Mongols
- Dok Sergio also plays for The Teeth and Daydream Cycle
- Bogs Jugo also plays for Daydream Cycle
- Pupil’s launch gig was on July 13, 2005 at the UP Bahay Ng Alumni
- Dok Sergio is the brother of Japs Sergio of Rivermaya
- Yan Yuzon is the brother of Yael Yuzon of Spongecola
- They are sponsored by Levi’s and Pony Footwear